You can change your privacy settings on Twitter so only your followers can see your tweets or tag you in photos.
By default, all your tweets are public, so anyone with a Twitter account can see what you tweet.
If you enable Protected Tweets, you also need to manually approve all new follower requests.
Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Twitter is a great way to “join the conversation.” As a part of the global Twitter community, you can tweet your thoughts on topics from serious to the mundane. By default, all tweets are public, which means anyone with a Twitter account can see everything you post.
If you want more privacy, you can change your Twitter settings so only people who follow you can see what you write — this is called Protected Tweets. Because you get to personally approve followers, that gives you substantial control over who can see your tweets.
Quick tip: If you turn on protected tweets, you need to approve all new followers before they can officially follow you and see your tweets.
How to change Twitter privacy settings on the mobile app
1. Start the Twitter app and tap your account icon at the top left.
2. Tap Settings and privacy.
Scroll down to Settings and privacy to find the Twitter privacy settings.
3. Tap Privacy and safety.
4. Tap Audience and tagging.
5. Turn on Protect your Tweets by swiping the button to the right. Now your tweets will only be visible to your followers.
If you turn on Protected Tweets, only people who follow you can see what you tweet.
6. Tap Photo tagging. If you want anyone to be able to tag you in a photo, swipe the button to the right. Then choose whether you want Anyone can tag you or Only people you follow can tag you.
How to change Twitter privacy settings in a web browser
1. Open the Twitter website in a web browser and log into your account if needed.
2. Click the three-dot More menu button on the left side of the page.
Click the three dots to find privacy settings.
3. Click Settings and privacy.
4. In the Settings list, click Privacy and safety and then Audience and tagging.
5. Click Protected Tweets.
6. Turn on Protect your Tweets by clicking the checkbox and then, in the popup, confirm you want to do this by clicking Protect. Now your tweets will only be visible to your followers.
Click the checkbox to protect your tweets.
7. Click Photo tagging. If you want anyone to be able to tag you in a photo, swipe the button to the right. Then choose whether you want Anyone can tag you or Only people you follow can tag you.
Source:How to Change Your Privacy Settings on Twitter
Discovered on: 2022-02-19 04:21:18